Excited! aponogeton crispus flowering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
I'm so excited! It looks like my aponogeton crispus is going to flower. I'm trying to upload a photo but the app won't let me at the moment so I'll try later.
Wondering if I should I remove the glass lid over the top of it? Its about 1inch from the water surface and the water is about 1-1.5 inches from the glass.

Oh yeah aponegeton class is kinda underrated. I still keep thinking you coulda bent that flower back into the water before it bloomed and had another crispus plant in a couple of weeks. Aponegeton was my first aquarium plant that started my intrigue.

Haha is it expensive?? I would love
To have one!!!!! Is it medium high or low light?

Atxpunx said:
Oh yeah aponegeton class is kinda underrated. I still keep thinking you coulda bent that flower back into the water before it bloomed and had another crispus plant in a couple of weeks. Aponegeton was my first aquarium plant that started my intrigue.

I don't know why they are awesome plants! So pretty and easy to grow.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha is it expensive?? I would love
To have one!!!!! Is it medium high or low light?

I have mine in low light. Cost me about $7AU I think.

Donkey Gun said:
Yea this is awesome! I believe they are low light. Not sure on the price

thanks!

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Awesome. Mine flowered a few months ago. It's so neat to see the changes everyday!

It is! It grew so so fast. Could see it growing every 10mins or so it was taller!

Serious?? Thats fast growing! Haha and do you happen to know what that is in dollars..? Haha sorry

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Serious?? Thats fast growing! Haha and do you happen to know what that is in dollars..? Haha sorry

I think the Aussie dollar is about the same as the US dollar. But I've noticed things that are cheep there can be expensive here and vice versa.

Mumma.of.two said:
I think the Aussie dollar is about the same as the US dollar. But I've noticed things that are cheep there can be expensive here and vice versa.

Ohh haha nice! Good to know! Did you buy yours online?? Its so expensive to ship things!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Ohh haha nice! Good to know! Did you buy yours online?? Its so expensive to ship things!

Yeah I did. Ordered some plants and a couple of fish from a site in Aus. Never going to order from them again though. Messed up half my order. Half the plants arrived mostly dead and lost all the fish within a week.

Back
Top Bottom