Expelling worms or weird shaped pregnancy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
My female Black Molly is in QT with my male Dalmatian Molly recovering from Camallanus worms...
Is this an odd shaped pregnancy or a weird Way the worms have grown and are being expelled? I'm thinking pregnancy... As well as noticing worms actually expelling from her... ODD the way the pooch is forming though... What do you guys think?

View attachment 57450

View attachment 57451

That flatness around the belly usually happens just before they drop fry. That mixed with the darn worms makes it look strange.

Keep on with the regimen I gave you to get rid of the worms and I'll keep my fingers crossed that she gives live birth.

Her vent looks mostly cleared out... Not that he's left her alone for 10 mins all day.. She was larger before and then worms took over and leaned out again... And now this...
His worms have gotten very thin and peach colored.. Weak...
He's very active but she goes from lying on bottom to swimming around..
How long to continue on with fenbendazole? I've been dosing twice a day and just finished the complete 3 packets yesterday.

Since she's showing signs again, you can start the treatment over. It won't kill her.

Give them both some mashed up pea (remove the outer shell) for 2 days, that will help expel more worms, vacuum the tank, then start again with the feeding. If you still have some of the Jungle Anti-parasite fizzy tabs, add them at half dose after the water change/vacuum. In between the dose of the fizzy tabs, I think it states to do a water change. Do one, then fizzy tab them again, then water change. That will help with any that expel and try to survive.

If she has live fry would it be safe to put them in my fry tank or ...? Those two are in my 10 gal QT and I have a 20 gal fry talk and a 10 gal fry tank for smaller fry...
What does the wise one on worms suggest? :-D

Nothing has happened here yet in any sense.. still worms, still square looking and no fry.. he's still mating with her and nibbling her vent.. sometimes worms break off when he does this... they're both still very active and eating well.
????

She's dying... Resting on bottom and in plant.. She wrapped around filter intake until I rushed to unplug it and she swam off to other corner...
Male is staying by her and poking her to move... Then trying to mate...
Sigh ...

She's gone... Poor Cesar (male) was clear across other side of the tank with his top fin down .... Looking so sad... He loved her from the day I brought her home...
RIP Sophia... My gorgeous Black Molly girl

Back
Top Bottom