Fan worm ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfiereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
K this is one of the first pieces of live rock ( 2 months ago )in my tank and I look through every day just to see if something new is there, and never saw this until tonight , it disappeared when I picked it up so I " think " it's a fan worm. It did seem to retract when I picked it up. Just wondering what you more experienced people think .

Also just wondering dose the fact that I have animals coming to life a good sign of stable and healthy water quality ?

Yeah, I got a rock that is teeming with that exact kind. Pretty little worms. The ones I have are even sensitive to shadows or nearby movement.

Looks like a feather duster. Does the crown retract back into its tube/rock if prodded?

AquaRick said:
Looks like a feather duster. Does the crown retract back into its tube/rock if prodded?

Yeah I picked up the rock ( under water ) and couldent find it :-/

I did a few test of my own , I dosent respond to movement ( outside ) by waving my hand in front of it , nothing
Stomped my foot on the floor and it retracted " faster than a pecker in cold water " lol

Back
Top Bottom