Fancy goldfish help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stupid typos. Last post is supposed to say hey guys ! Anyway. The fish are doing great. I just a 50% water change and replaced the salt. Almost all of the white spots are gone from the fish. How Much can I expect their fins to grow back ? Will they ever have full normal fins again ? And is there anything extra I should be doing to aid the fin regeneration process ?

Their fins will grow back fine with clean water. Just keep up on your water changes and test your levels you don't need anything extra just water conditioner. FYI the common goldfish is really meant for a pond. You may want to find it a new home eventually.

ScottyAllen said:
Stupid typos. Last post is supposed to say hey guys ! Anyway. The fish are doing great. I just a 50% water change and replaced the salt. Almost all of the white spots are gone from the fish. How Much can I expect their fins to grow back ? Will they ever have full normal fins again ? And is there anything extra I should be doing to aid the fin regeneration process ?

Very clean water should help a lot, to speed things up and keep any open wounds a little more safe you can add some melafix AFTER you are completely done with your other treatment. Trying to treat multiple things all at once can get messy I think so just continue what you're doing and lots of PWC, then the melafix after. A reminder you should keep up the ich treatments for two weeks, I believe, after the last sign/symptoms have gone. I have had great success with melafix though and use it often for fish fin nipping or tears, love the stuff.

(I feel like this post is scatterbrained and not worded the right way so sorry haha, working on 10hrs sleep for the last 5 days)

Edit: I forgot, FREAKING YAY! Glad your fish friends are starting to perk up

Funny you mention the common goldfish. She's not as big as she looks in the photo. That's an optical illusion. We have had this fish longer than any of the other ones. It's actually kind of miracle we still have. She was actually a feeder fish for a giant catfish we used to have. But the catfish died and that lil goldfish was still in the tank. She's a survivor ! Lol. So we named her beyonce. Hahahaha.

Hey guys ! The four survivors are doing great ! They all look extremely healthy and happy and active. I'm planning on doing a water change tonight , should I still be adding the salt to the water ?

That is great news! I believe the general idea is to continue treatment for two weeks after the last sign of it went away

I would give it another week, then slowly ween them off of the treatment little by little, over the course of another week. But that's just what I would do, others may have another suggestion

Ok. I'll give it another week. I think I may have spoken too soon :( when I got up this morning we had lost another lil guy. He looked so great yesterday and there were no signs whatsoever of him being sick and then this morning he was dead ! I don't know what's goin on.

Did you do a full water test this morning? Forget to condition after water change? Dose correctly? There's a hundred things that could have happened, maybe even got sensitive to the treatment for some reason. Don't get down, just stick with your plant to continue then ween off. S happens I guess

Thanks for the words of encouragement. The other three still look great except I noticed the shubinkin is acting a lil strange, he's been kind of randomly swimming in circles. Hell just be swim around the the tank n look normal n happy n healthy the Hell just freak out and do a few loopty loops real quick. What's up with that ?

This is new behavior? It makes me suspect something amiss with the water. I would do a decent water change (50%) and not add back any new salt. This will reduce the salinity from .3% down to .15%. Then just maintain this for the next couple of days and see if this helps.

Back
Top Bottom