Feather Duster Diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breezyrae

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey Gang- wondering if I need to supplement my feather dusters diet with anything? I know that they are filter feeders, but idk if that's gonna keep him happy and healthy.

That depends on A LOT of factors in the tank:
What fish do you have?
What are you feeding them?
Do you have other filter feeders?
Are you feeding any filter feeder foods?
Do you have mechanical media in the system (like prefilters, filter pads, floss, socks, etc.)?

That depends on A LOT of factors in the tank:
What fish do you have?
What are you feeding them?
Do you have other filter feeders?
Are you feeding any filter feeder foods?
Do you have mechanical media in the system (like prefilters, filter pads, floss, socks, etc.)?

I have 2 Clowns, Black Cap Jawfish, Pink Spotted Watchman Goby, And a purple and yellow Psuedo(DottyBack). I have snails and hermits.. I am feeding flakes, Frozen Mysis Shrimp, That Krill in the packet(i forgot what brand it is). My Filter Media is Filter Floss, Chemipure elite and Purigen, with an InTank Fuge with Live Rock and Chaeto.

IME they dont need target feeding. They are filter feeders and will remove excessive nutrients from the tank. If you feel you need to feed then a little phytoplankton might be OK. I personally have not target fed mine in the 13+ yrs I`ve had them.

IME they dont need target feeding. They are filter feeders and will remove excessive nutrients from the tank. If you feel you need to feed then a little phytoplankton might be OK. I personally have not target fed mine in the 13+ yrs I`ve had them.

Thankyou so much Definetly some food for thought!!!

Back
Top Bottom