Feather Duster Worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bousin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I was gifted a Feather Duster today. I did some reading while it was in the drip but would love some hands on experience and or pointers on how to best care for the thing. Ie special water conditions, elements, food, fish and inverts to keep away from it etc. Thanks.
55 gal FOWLR. Sump/skimmer, 2 power heads etc.
2 tank raised clowns
1 Skunk Shrimp
1 Dimond Goby
1 Emerald Crab.
All levels are on target, using RODI water only.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have two feather dusters in my 55...pretty simple to keep IMO. Maybe once a week I target feed them with phytoplankton which seems to keep them happy. None of my inverts bother them what-so-ever. I did have a lemonpeel that hated them, every time they came out of their tube he was right there to make sure they went back in and that lasted for the first few weeks after I put him in. After that he left them alone.

Cool thank you for replying. I'm loving it. Id like to look into getting a few more that are more colorful. The one I got is huge from what I've read. The tube is prob eight inches or more.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome! My lfs is always loaded with feather dusters. The two I have now are about the same size as yours and the crown is pretty large. I would keep an eye on the inverts though just to be cautious. When I got my strawberry crab a guy at my lfs said they might go after it but he hasn't gone anywhere near them...actually I'm pretty lucky just to catch a glimpse of the crab every once in a while. Little bugger hides pretty well

Back
Top Bottom