Featherfin Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonetofish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is this Ichiro’s or lateral lines on my Featherfin Catfish? What do I do or how do I treat it? I have 65 gal tank with 2 freshwater eels, African claw frog and golden catfish and have had them all for about 5 years.

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 6
I can't tell from your picture, are these spots more like pimples above the skin or more like craters into the skin? There appears to be a crater by the nostrils that looks different from the other area. Are these spots on both sides of the head or just the one side?

If it's only on one side, it could be the beginning of an inflammation of the nerves in the head. That would be a sign of the water not being the cleanest. It's not Hole in the head( hexamita) or appears to be a parasite. Please describe the filtering system as well as your water chemistry, water change schedule and size of the fish in the tank.

New Sore on face

I tested my levels in tank and water is good. Now my catfish has another sore on his face. Is it lymphocytes, lateral line?

Attachments

• IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 3
I tested my levels in tank and water is good. Now my catfish has another sore on his face. Is it lymphocytes, lateral line?

Definitely not Lymphocystis or lateral line. It appears that the smaller "pimples" from before have also burst which would indicate parasites or worms leaving the fish's body. Bottom fish are prone to carry worms or parasites that use them as intermediate hosts or have to leave the body to reproduce or find new hosts.
At this point, you would need to place the fish in a hospital tank to be medicated to prevent the open wounds from becoming infected. I would need to know your Ph, GH and nitrate levels to recommend the proper antibiotic to use. (y)

Back
Top Bottom