Fedding....and my Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bender

Aquarium Advice Regular
So qucik question.....Running a AquaqClear 70 on my 55g right now....Tank is still cycling so have not started to feed naturally....but when i add Bloodworms or whatever food for that matter....what is to keep it all from being sucked into the filter as some of it sinks?

Worm holders for worms. Other foods like pellets are designed to either sink or float for the most part. Flake will float for some time and then will go everywhere. If the flow is too great you may need to adjust the flow rate manually, if possible. I'm not sure if the AC's are adjustable or not but considering that they are one of the most popular HOB style filters I'd assume that they are adjustable. Also feed only what your fish can eat within 5 mintues. If they are hungry for more after that then give them some more if all of the food is gone. Simple as that.

It has never been a problem on any of my tanks, I clean the filters on a regular basis anyway.
If you are concerened you can always shut the filter off while you are feeding your fish.

Back
Top Bottom