Feed my Featherfin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeBob

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello Fish-heads, I have an awesome African Featherfin (Pokey) which is at or near full size 6.5-7 inches that I worry isn't getting satisfied with the food it gets (tetra color wafer crisps). It eats every bit it can get then just vacuums the rest of the tank. I mean every leaf, deco, top, bottom, everywhere and I would like to supplement it's diet. I've read they like bloodworms, algae wafers and I wondered if anyone has one that has a "favourite" food. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMAG0049[1].jpg
    IMAG0049[1].jpg
    140 KB · Views: 76
Mine loves cucumber. It's hard to get regular food to him because the other fish in the tank are pigs, not fish, I think. I either drop wafers into the tank after lights out or I crush up flakes and soak them in Garlic Guard or Vita Chem. When I dump the flakes (in liquid) into the tank, they sink down to the bottom. The other fish can't see them on the substrate, but the cat can and spends a lot of time foraging that way.

Yeah, I've been making a little clump of the crisps and soaking it a little so it sinks rapidly to him. I think I'll try the veggies and algae wafers, thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom