Feeding a Betta in a Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

violetthunder

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my 10 gallon tank up and running for about two months now. It has a red platy (I had two but the other one died after two days :/ ), three silver tipped tetras, and my one male Betta, Hoppus. I'm relatively new to owning an aquarium and wanted to know how I should go about feeding Hoppus in a tank with other fish. I've read several places that Bettas shouldn't eat the Tropical Fish Flakes I feed the other fish too often or they'll get bloated or swim bladder problems.

Do I feed Hoppus something different than the rest of my fish and if so, then what do you recommend and how should I go about isolating him so the other fish don't get in the way (they're pretty pigish and love to eat all the time)? Also should I not be feeding him the same thing everyday and should I fast him one day a week, and if so do I just fast him or him and the other fish as well?

Sorry for all the questions! I just really want to make sure I'm doing everything right!

I have my bettas in community tanks and the one I have had for years. (Patriot is still fairly new). I always fed all of my fish the same thing. *shrugs*

I offer betta pellets and what ever else is on the menu. Brine shimp or blood worms or mysis shrimp or flake.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom