Feeding Advice for a Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KLehman72

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm new here and new to saltwater, I will be stocking my tank beginning this weekend...it is a 30 gallon bowfront. It has 60 pounds of LiveSand (aragonite), 25 pounds of live rock, Penguin 150 biowheel, Seaclone 100 skimmer. The tank has cycled...#'s are:
PH 8.2
SG 1.025
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 15

I will be stocking with a handful of hermits, snails, a banded coral shrimp and a few (3-5) fish. Possibly a Clown, a Dotty, a Tang etc.... Any advice on what to feed? I know what the options are...but I am looking for some advice on "best practices". Thanks in advance for any input...

Kevin

Hi welcome to the forums!

Your list sounds good minus the tang. They need like 6 feet of swimming room. :-(

Otherwise good luck and post some pics when you get your fish!

i'm currently feeding New life spectrum marine flakes. :) I've recently switched over all my tanks to that brand.

Rods food is my favorite food, easy to feed frozen food that is very well balanced. Comes in predator, meaty and herbivore so no matter what type of fish you are feeding they have one.

Back
Top Bottom