feeding an elephant ear...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've read some things on feeding these things, but am confused as to how much at a time.. I've also read to spray the food to commense the feeding process.. so.. I should spray some juice from my shrimp, scallop, vitamin mush and then give it a piece of scallop or something with vitamins on it.. is this about right?

I have no experience with this coral but, isn't it just a type of mushroom? I would think once or twice a week should be sufficient to feed it. I think you may be worrying to much though.
It's been my experience with mushroom corals that you don't have to target feed them. I have some very large hairy mushrooms (8") that are said to catch fish and eat them. I tried to feed them but the they didn't accept it. It actually stressed them to the point of expelling their guts so I never bothered again. I've had them for two years now and the only thing they get fed is some DT's that gets added to the tank once or twice a week and what they get from the lights.

Oh, and just for the record, my large shrooms have never caught and ate any fish even though they are plenty large enough. I even have a chromis that hosts in the one.

Back
Top Bottom