feeding anenomes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this topic of feeding anenomes, what could you feed them? I am thinking of perhaps some frozen shrimp or pieces of broken shrimp..

My anenomes don't move almost at all, but aren't exactly brown. They're not limp or looking ill either.

Help?

Mine get Chunks of Silversides & Lancefish but Steve-s has a lot more experience with Anemone and his just get leftover fish flakes. That wouldn't work in my tank because nothing ever goes uneaten when I feed.

I am not sure, but I doubt Steve feeds flake. His anenomes most likely get leftover fresh or froozen meaty foods that he feeds his fish.

Yup, it's primarily flake with meaty foods being fed only once a week. I have primarily herbavor/omnivor fish and don't see the need for a heavy meat diet. I also have no intention of arguing about it.

Cheers
Steve

Okay, but even though I am aware that anenomes require light for a source of energy, in cases where there is light but not enough, can food be used to maintain health?

i took the anenomes out, im not sure if they were on their way out, but the bigger one was being very active and i dont htink he wsa happy... sorry for the type os, celebrated new years a little too hard lol anyway i took them out cause the big one looked like crap now its just fish..... i have a green chromis damsel and just added a small watchman goby and the damn damsel attacked him as soon as he left the bag into the tank, so now the watchman goby wont come out from hiding... wtf????

Back
Top Bottom