Feeding bichirs and ropefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forester

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone I have 3 African ropefish and 1 Senegal bichir in a 75g tank with other fish and I was wondering what you guys recommend I feed them. But first let me tell you what other fish and their sizes.
1 Senegal bichir 4 inches
2 African ropefish 14 inches
1 African ropefish 16 inches
1 rainbow shark 6 inches
1 blood parrot cichlid 6 inches
1 sailfin pleco 8 inches
1 angelfish 3 inches
1 angelfish 2 inches
1 angelfish 1.5 inches
2 orange chromide 2.5 inches
2 thomacide 3 inches
8 giant danios 2.5 inches
2 feeder fish that survived 2 inches
Before you say it's hopelessly overstocked I have a Hagen fluval fx5. Right now they eat the pellets I give the rest of the fish, algae wafers that I give to the pleco and shrimp pellets. Once every two weeks they get frozen bloodworms and once a month they get feeders and live brine shrimp. I would appreciate all the advice, if you want to advise me on the tank stocking feel free to do so. Thanks.

Overstocking has more to do than just bioload. I don't know about you, but I get pretty uncomfortable when I get packed in a little room with a bunch of people and can't move around without bumping into someone. I get stressed. Personally, if it were my tank, I'd take everything to the LFS except the bichir and tade it all in on a couple more bichirs and call it good. That's the best fish in the whole tank.

Brine shrimp and bloodworms should be fine.

I don't think your overstocked...I think you have a cool mix.

Back
Top Bottom