Feeding everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trkchezz

Aquarium Advice Freak
How is it that I can make sure everyone gets to eat with out over feeding?
75Gal

6 guppies
1 GBR
3 Albino Cory
4 Ghost Shrimp
6 Texas Green Cichlids (fry-moving out soon)

Food i have in stock, Flake and small Cichlids pellets (float)

Problem is that the GBR wont go to the surface of the water for food so she is stuck eating flake food witch she spits right back out. I also worry about the Cory. The ghost shrimp will find it so i don't really care about them(if they are even left)

What do you guys do with your community tanks? have 3-4 different kind of food?

Thanks Guys!!

I had the same problem with my peacock gudgeon. For those fish who won't go to the top I would buy sinking pellets. The rule is feed the fish as much as they can eat in 3 minutes. So just watch and see how much they eat in 3 minutes and that everyone gets their fair share. I'd also give them a variety of foods too. Along with the flakes I'd use bloodworms or mosquito larva.

Sinking Shrimp pellets and Catfish specific diets

Thaw and use a turkey baster with frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms to "target" feed fish.

Also some fish grab food, bite it and spit it out, but they are eating. My Betta loves to bite/spit/bite/spit. :)

Is there a way to not have 5 different kind of food? I don't mind mixing in bloodworms or brine shrimp.
I just don't want to be like the idea of, add on pinch of this, 5 pellets of that, a cube of this...you get the idea.
Or it that just the way it is?
Also what brand does everyone recommend? Keep in mind I'm on a budget (not cheap)

My ram did what your ram is doing for the first week, then it started to actually eat. When did you get the GBR? I only have tetras and a ram in my tank, so I have flakes and sinking pellets. My ram eats both.

I have had the ram for a month, but just moved her from a 20gal to 75gal. She does seem lonely with out her male friend, getting a new Guy soon. She does eat just spits it out then eats it, then spits it out.

Back
Top Bottom