feeding inverts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hc8719

Aquarium Advice Addict
finally got my params in order, and started my tank with 3 small hermit crabs, and 3 astrea snails

i did add some brine shrimp and some Emerald Entree omnivore food, to the tank, but with it all floating around, even at the lowest current. will they be able to find the food?

how many of you directly feed your inverts. i have almost no algae currently, when i kept tadpoles, i boiled some lettuce to replace aglae, will these guys eat it as well?

I do not feed my inverts at all. I dont think you need to, but if you have no algae im not sure.

You may need to feed things such as featherdusters by addign suplements from the bottle.

I dont target feed mine but I have a mature tank also. I would not feed much though. Only a few flakes. Or even a few new pieces of LR that they can pick at.

thats a great idea DT, sinking pellets

not saying that i will, but i feed my fw black ghost knives frozen bloodworms, which actually seem to be the only frozen food that doesnt say for both sw and fw. any reasons why?

I just drop in the shrimp pellets for the hermits and snails. I use a phytoplankton liquit for the corals, without the filter running, and the hermits will also eat whatever falls to the bottom, or sometimes, they will go after the algae clamp at the top of the tank, if they can climb there.

I think feeding them is better, since they dont attack anything else in the tank that way.

Back
Top Bottom