Feeding issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adamski

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have to new, small clowns. The LFS was feeding them with frozen krill and mysis (alternated) They don't seem to be accepting it well. It is only their second day in the tank. As they are very small I've chopped the food up but they seem to chew it and spit it out. Should I persevere or try a pellet food?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had that same issue with my maroon clown.. She wouldn't take the frozen mysis so I said "hey, let's just try these pellets" and she loves them

Trying a different food source may help. Fish being moved can be stressful, and dressed fish might not eat. So there could be more things in play here.
Make sure all that uneaten food isn't rotting in the tank as well to help with the stress.

I have been netting what I can thankfully. I think I'll try some pellets in that case. I've inly been feeding about a third of a frozen cube thankfully

My Clarkii clowns were fed mysis by the LFS but at home I gave them some marine flakes to try and they loved it. Barely touch the mysis now. It was weird but I figured out what worked for me.

They ate some pellets today! Fingers crossed for tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom