Feeding pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

griff5499

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there - I have a pleco and bought algea wafers for him but when I put it in the tank the other fish eat them. Does anyone know a trick to feeding the pleco without the other fish eating them? Thanks

Try to feed the other fish an at the same time drop in so they might get distracted. If that ain't working the before I go to bed when the lights r out drop one in there so they other fig r sleeping except the pleco

I had the exact same problem. I always feed him right after I feed the other fish. What I did was I only gave him half a wafer every other day BUT I broke that half up into fourths and I have been literally putting my arm in the tank and placing it in the two places where the pleco usually hangs out. He needs to know that the food is for him.

Try drop the food somewhere were the other fish cant get to it.. i feed mine unded a tree trunk ordament so its sheltered and it would eat happily and now if the otger fish even attempt to come and eat it she will chase them off or sit on the food until they go away

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom