Feeding Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ragin1cajun

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a few questions about the feeding behavior of some of our fish. In the 29G tank that everyone here helped me to fish-in cycle successfully we have 8 Zebra Danio (4 GloFish & 4 Regular) and 8 Corys (4 Albino & 4 Panda).

I am feeding the Danios Omega One Tropical Fish Flakes and the Corys Hikari Tropical Sinking Wafers.

Currently, the Danios gobble up all of their food and then they head down to the bottom and start eating the Corys food.

So, my question are:
1. Am I not feeding the Danios enough or is this simply their normal behavior and I do not need to worry about it?

2. Should I consider supplementing the Danio's diet with anything else? I have read this is a good idea, but I am not sure what else to give them.

3. How many of the Hikari sinking wafer should I feed the Corys? I have been giving them three each evening.

Thanks,
David

1. Pretty much all fish are, for the lack of a better word, too stupid to know when to stop eating. They will always eat as much as possible, which means you have to make sure not to feed them until they burst! :D

2. You can supplement their diet, but it isn't necessary. I heard most fish loooove bloodworms, but you can also feed them boiled, then frozen lettuce, or certain fruits, but you will need expert opinion on that.

3. I don't know, I don't have much experience with those wafers, or any wafers for that matter, but you could try feeding the danios less flakes and give the cories more wafers, so the danios will eat the flakes, then try to eat the wafers, but while the danios are busy the cories will be able to eat too. It depends on whether or not you think they are getting enough food. I think you should probably give them a few more wafers, like maybe 5, or maybe do 3 in the morning and 3 at night, but I am not sure on that either.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom