Female Beta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saffikeagan

Aquarium Advice Freak
1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
My female is looking kinda fat/bloated. I'm thinking it's either over-eating, eggs, or internal parasites (I've been reading way too much on this board). She's got a little white something or other between and a little behind her ventral fins. It is protruding...looks like a really small white ball stuck to her smaller than a pin head.

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
NH-0, Ni-0, Na-an inaccurate 10, Temp-80-82, pH 7.4-7.6

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
it's a 6.6 that's been up for a few weeks. Cycled using filter media from another tank.

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number a cheep Petco hang on the back that came with the petco tank.
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
one whitecloud added last week to destress from my male beta, three Otos added in the past 2-3 days.

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
Thursday. Once a week. 1ish gallon.

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
The tank was bought for her cause she was just too pretty.

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
Just the fish.

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
She gets pellets and the occational pea, bloodworm, edamame. The white cloud gets flakes, and the otos are getting algae wafers and fresh veggies. The flakes and the veggies are recent additions with the other fish.

Do another water change 50%. Try feeding a frozen pea. Nuke for a few seconds, peel and make into bite size portions. Also add some epsom salts to ease bloating. For that size tank I would add 1 tsp and see how that works.

she got lots of peas yesterday. I'll do a PWC. I do have a bit of salt in that tank that I added to destress her when I got her, and I added another few crystals when I put the White Cloud in. I don't know how much salt I've got in there now, so I don't want to add too much more.

Not aquarium salt. Epsom salt. Aquarium salt will not ease bloating. Epsom salt can be bought at any drug store or walmart. Very inexpensive relieves bloating.

Back
Top Bottom