Female betta bloated and not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandurs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I have a female betta in a 2.5-3 gal. Marineland tank. Heated, and non-filtered due to her being treated with API General Cure but the pump. Water parameters test 0 for ammonia, 0 for nitrates, and 0 for nitrates, 7.0 for ph.
20200514_153118.jpg

20200514_153126.jpg

20200514_153139.jpg

20200514_153225.jpg

I recently lost one betta to what I think was either over stress or parasites, or both. It was hard to tell becauseshe showed no other signs that something was wrong other than she was getting so weak.

I immediately started to treat this one soon after when I saw her showing the same behaviors such as lethargy and not eating. She's in a nursery tank so she can be closer to the surface for air, which she frequently goes to get, and to keep her water heated and flowing. Its also so I can monitor her better as she tends to hide lately.

I don't think it's dropsy, at least not yet. She does go kind of lopsided when she swims or rests at the bottom, but not completely on her side. She got a 25% water change today and a second dose of API General Cure and half a teaspoon of aquarium salt to help with her breathing. I have been giving her Epsom baths, once a day and for 10 minutes a day for the past two days to try and resolve the bloating. I want to know if I should switch to Kanaplex, or if that would stress her out? I also have Prazipro, Micro-lift Herbtana, and Maracyn Oxy at my disposal.

Back
Top Bottom