female betta eating flies on the side....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragon14

Aquarium Advice Addict
So our female betta, the one we have in the 5g fluval spec, is probably eating flies on the side.

Hubby saw some flies hanging out underneath the cover and we think she is eating them because,
the flies are gone
she looks bloated despite not being overfed.

A while ago she ate an ant that managed to get into her tank and sank to the bottom after it died. I was going to take it out but when I had a chance to, it was gone -_- lol.

Has anyone else had something similar happen with fish? Is it ok for them??

Probably won't hurt them. Protein yum lol. But If you're having ants near your tank you might want to get your house sprayed for bugs. Obviously move the tank while doing it because the chemicals would be bad. Although, I'm not an expert on what fish can and can't eat so someone else might tell you otherwise. If she is bloated. I'd stop feeding her for like 2 days. Feed her the inside of a cooked pea. It helps with digestion. Like a pice the size of her eyeball. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wouldnt spray anything by the tanks.. would hang a fly trap and put some traps on the floor.

:)

Eh, we have a stray ant sometimes. We're not infested, thank goodness.

Thanks, may try the pea thing. And she'll probably get fed just three times a week if this keeps up.

Wouldnt spray anything by the tanks.. would hang a fly trap and put some traps on the floor.

I didn't mean spray bug spray near the tank. I meant move the tank out of the house if you might need to spray for bugs (like a professional pest control service). In case you were referring to what I said. Either way. I'm glad you don't have a infestation. Just watch over your Betta. It should be okay.

There's this really awesome betta....

this post was supposed to be a new thread, so I made a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom