Femto Reef...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingusplease

Aquarium Advice Addict
20 minutes + soldering iron + plastic + live rock/sand + a little determination = one very small Femto Reef :)

Had some spare time, decided to see how small I could go... Maybe I'll do another one and use tweezers lol.

A- why? B- wouldn't that be a fowlr? Or perhaps replace the r with a g for gravel

Why make this tank? A- took 10 minutes, not even twenty discounting letting it dry + just kind of a fun challenge :) but not really an aquarium of course, def not a reef. B- yeah, if course it's not a reef so the title is inaccurate, more along the lines of WWLR as Mac puts it.

And btw, the "gravel" is actually plain aquarium sand, but looks big in the context of a less-than-one-centimeter tall tank.

I like the rockscape. For lights you might want a DIY led and you better get a DIY ATO. Please post pics! Haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting to think at first how small and un-inhabitable this tank may seem, but then to realize that there are creatures far smaller than we can see, who inhabit spaces much smaller than this. We focus on the smaller creatures of the ocean in our home aquaria, or so we think. The creatures that dwell on a microscopic scale are the most important creatures of all.

There, that's my philosophic rant for the day :)

It's interesting to think at first how small and un-inhabitable this tank may seem, but then to realize that there are creatures far smaller than we can see, who inhabit spaces much smaller than this. We focus on the smaller creatures of the ocean in our home aquaria, or so we think. The creatures that dwell on a microscopic scale are the most important creatures of all.

There, that's my philosophic rant for the day :)

So deep haha

I like the rockscape. For lights you might want a DIY led and you better get a DIY ATO. Please post pics! Haha!

I spent hours upon hours fidgeting with the rock work, making countless sketches and layouts trying to get that "big tank look" ;).

Also, I purchased a tunze osmolator, radion gen3 pro, neptune apex gold, and a 8000gph protein skimmer for this build. Coming in the mail next week. So excited!

All jokes aside, what's the smallest legitimate reef anyone here has ever made or seen? I'm interested to know what kind of maintenance a tank that's sub-1gal would need...

Back
Top Bottom