Fiddler Crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone have these? My wife saw one at the local pet store and wants one now. The pet store had them in fresh water but we're seeing mixed information on the net. Some people say they need brackish and some say fresh water. Can anyone give us some first hand info?

I've had a female since January, fiddler crabs are brackish and they do not completely live underwater (allot of places don't tell you this) fiddlers have to have a place to get out of the water to dry out, they need to dry out to shed, they need to shed to grow (see the pattern?)

I've had a female since January, fiddler crabs are brackish and they do not completely live underwater (allot of places don't tell you this) fiddlers have to have a place to get out of the water to dry out, they need to dry out to shed, they need to shed to grow (see the pattern?)

How big of a tank would we need if it was going to just be for a couple Fiddler Crabs? Would a 10 gallon suffice?

I believe a ten gallon would be alright for two fiddlers, any more than that needs a bigger tank

Thanks for the information! My wife has been talking about these since we saw them. I might surprise her with a couple. Do I need a fully cycled tank if its just going to be a crab or 2? Filter, heater and everything else I'd need for a fish?

Back
Top Bottom