Fighting Sunburst wag at it again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tsukiko-pyon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Or should I say never stooped. Please help Prism, my guppy, that gets a mouth full when ever she goes out into the open. I don't know why Blaze, the fighting sunburst wag, keeps attacking her and only her. I have a 20 gallon tank and have been told to get more plants to see if that would calm her down, which I did and it failed. Now I'm stumped. The only thing I can do is poke a finger in to make Blaze swim away every time she gets close, but she always come back. So I ask for help from more experienced fish owners. Thanks in advance

Well, seeing how they don't look anything alike, I wouldn't think they would get confused? This has been going on for a few months ever since last year. Is there a way to tell when a fish is trying to mate? It looks more like he's bolting straight at her and trying to rip her apart.

they will try and spawn with anything.

tropicalfish010.jpg

Would you know if this would be hurting her in anyway? Also when would this stop if that's the case?

Platies and guppies are usually pretty docile fish. I could see how mating looks like fighting. In fact, it's generally a good idea to get 2-3 females for every male to spread out the attention.

Back
Top Bottom