Filter Burn Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DFly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have slowly been replacing all of my TopFin Filters with Aquaclears. The last tank needing done is my 29 Gallon and I was planning on waiting til it was fully stocked and settled. Today I woke up to a rattling noise and a burning smell and it was from my topfin 30 filter. t was full of water but it wasn't pulling. So I ripped it off and broke into the casing. It is fried. :banghead: It looks like the impellar came lose and burned out the engine. I have rush ordered a Aquaclear 110 for the tank but for now how can I keep the water clear, I only have an old TopFin 20 to hand but no cartridges for it.

Nothing better than new things. Why wait for delivery, just go out and buy one retail and 'get er done'

I would run the topfin 20 to keep the water flowing and oxygenated. I would also see if there is some way to stuff the old cartridge material into the topfin 20 even if you have to rip it apart. I wouldn't worry about keeping the water clear, I would try to minimize the impact of losing your beneficial bacteria.

The only shop near me that carries aquaclear has a 2 day return policy and the box can't be opened. So no returning it if it malfunctional.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom