Filter help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trickshot3102

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi i have a HOB filter for my 10 gal tank and I noticed that it's over flowing! It is over flowing into the part were the intake pipe is! I tried to clean the filter pad and it still overflowed! I don't know whether the overflow water is filtered or not. Thanks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388609437.086436.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388609448.402230.jpg

Mine do it all the time. I assume in my case that it isn't. It sort of looks likes like your filter cartridge is a bit to big

HOB filters will do that when the filter sponge or material is to clogged for water to pass through as fast as it is being taken in. Give your filter media a good beating on the side of the bucket filled with tank water or treated clean water. It will not hurt the bacteria. You can also slow the water intake down until it doesn't leak over the divider.

Thank you for the replies! I decied to buy a new filter because this one is really to small for my tank :) I went with the API superclean 5-20 :) it should be coming in the mail next week :)

Back
Top Bottom