Filter Outflow ? ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have 2 Top Fin 10g aquariums with HOB filters, the outflow is very strong, too strong I think so I would like to slow it down a bit. What is the best option? Right now on one tank I have the DIY plastic water bottle trick which basically redirects the current & creates calmer waters in other areas of the the tank. I've read about some people putting a sponge in the outflow but I'm not clear on what kind of sponge. Advice & personal experiences would be helpful.

Oh, both tanks currently have female Bettas & one also contains 2 Golden CAE's.

shellieca said:
Have 2 Top Fin 10g aquariums with HOB filters, the outflow is very strong, too strong I think so I would like to slow it down a bit. What is the best option? Right now on one tank I have the DIY plastic water bottle trick which basically redirects the current & creates calmer waters in other areas of the the tank. I've read about some people putting a sponge in the outflow but I'm not clear on what kind of sponge. Advice & personal experiences would be helpful.

Oh, both tanks currently have female Bettas & one also contains 2 Golden CAE's.

I have the same problem in my cherry shrimp tank I put java moss on front of the outflow but I also ordered a sponge filter that should be arriving today
You can look online for sponges that you can fit in the outake
But If you have around $8 on you I'd consider getting a sponge filter

I ended up buying a Pre-filter & also used the water bottle trick, that seems to be doing what I want. The 2 female Bettas in the one tank seem much more relaxed which was my goal. Plus the filters are quieter which is another good thing. :)

Back
Top Bottom