Filter questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Race2d

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 46 gallon bow front tank that has a marineland penguin 350 hob on it I just added a second one does anybody think this is to.much filtration for chiclids and tiger barbs

I don't think it is possible to have too much filtration. You can have too much flow though, like if your fish are getting blown around by the filters.
Also, cichlids and tiger barbs should not be together, unless your cichlids are rams or another dwarf.

KonvictKeeper said:
I don't think it is possible to have too much filtration. You can have too much flow though, like if your fish are getting blown around by the filters.
Also, cichlids and tiger barbs should not be together, unless your cichlids are rams or another dwarf.

nextgeneration40 said:
+1 above NEVER TOO MUCH FILTRATION unless your fish are stuck to the intake or the glass...

x10000

That's what I thought and plus I have tiger barbs and African chiclids together and they get along great but they were all put in the tank the same day also which may of helped the issue

I'm still not so sure about that honestly... I am more of a South/Central American cichlid guy but I do know that Africans can be really aggressive. When those cichlids are full grown and breeding I think there's like a 60% chance of those barbs not doing so well.
Just what I think.

Back
Top Bottom