Filter suggestions!! Fluval vs eheim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molliwopp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right. Im setting up another cichlid species only tank. Its a rio240 65g. Same dimensions as a 55 but 10gallons wider. So perfectly inbetween a 55 and a 75. In terms of length and height.

I already have a fluval 406 and wondering whether i should opt for a 2217 for another primary filter or just run a U4 as a secondary like in one of my other tanks as im thinking i wont need the extra filtration the 2217 will provide.

Tank will consist of a low stock of either 1male to 4 female red empress hap, or
1m:5f peacocks (species undesided)

Options are: 406 + 2217 or 406 + U4

Added bonus of a U4 is price and the ability to use it to pump oxygen into the water.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Just bumping thread after the update.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

With such a low stocking level, you can get away with the 406 and the U4. But if money is a minor concern, I say get the 2217. It will house as much/more beneficial bacteria as the fluval canister so if the impeller on either filter ever jams, or fails to restart after a power failure you won't have catastrophic biofilter loss.

Back
Top Bottom