Filtering questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cterzich

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, I have a Rena XP2 on a 55 gallon tank, but I've been thinking about a HOB filter since I hate cleaning the thing. I have a question; would it be better to buy 2 HOB filters that are made for 30g tank, so added up it would be for a 60 tank and 300GPH. It's the Penguin 150 Bio Wheel filter link listed below or would it be better to buy the Marine 400

Penguin 150 Bio-Wheel Filter - BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE!, Aquarium Supplies | Pet Solutions

Did you mean the emperor 400?

I would go with the one filter. It will save you from having to clean two filters, possible more often than you would have to clean the one, and you would get a stronger uptake of water from the more powerful filter. You will be buying double supplies for the two filters as well. Of course I never change the cartridges in mine until they are falling apart. Over all, I think it will be a matter of what you want to do really more than if the filters will do there job.

What is your stock?

I'm not, so much worried about cleaning both of them. I just thought it maybe better have 2 on each end

stay away from the penguin/emperor filters. theyre a waste of money. you will get the same filter for less if you buy whisper brand.

if you want a quality HOB, look into an AquaClear110

Back
Top Bottom