Fin Rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterpenguin4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was watching my cichlids in my 36 gallon today when i noticed that my Compressiceps was not using his right fin. I looked closer and I think he might have fin rot on his right fin, I have no experience with fin rot so you guys will have to let me know what you think it is. I did a pretty large water change today just in case. I will admit though i havent done a water change in a while and i have only had these cichlids in the tank for 5 or so days.

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 54
  • photo_1-3.JPG
    photo_1-3.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 46
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 45
I can't get a very close look, but fin rot is normally indicated by a black edge on the fin. It is mostly caused by bad water parameters, so if you haven't doon a wc in a while that would make sense. The name of the game with fin rot is wc, wc, wc - it is advisable to do a pwc every day to treat it.

He doesnt like cameras haha. I did a WC today probably 40%. I guess ill do the same the day after and the day after that. I dont see a black edge on the fin and it is already looking better. Thanks for the response! :)

Back
Top Bottom