Fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tima121

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I am dealing with fin rot constantly. I would treat them with meds and they would begin to heal but then hours later thet get bad fin rot again. When I medicated the fish only 2 has it. But hours later more of really bad fin rot. My water is fine. Do you think its from overfeeding them or fin nipping. The water looks cloudy because of meds

Attachments

• 20210113_135804.jpg
    20210113_135804.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210113_135917.jpg
    20210113_135917.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210113_135952.jpg
    20210113_135952.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 19
I used marcyn 2. I have used it before and they healed right up.

That should've done it. But good read on fin rot from fishwonder. Maybe try it orally. Clean water. Remove any fin nippers and later add to school of nippers if too small

I dont think its fin rot. They had it before and had white tips or a white outline. This is just black sticks with some fins gone.the bone or whatever is still there

Yes they are. Mostly all my black ones are nippy. They don't really touch the white ones. The white ones are fine its just the black. And does the pics look like fin rot to you? I just bought a tank divider hope that will help some

It's hard to tell cuz the meds in the water. I see damage to the caudal fin. What about the tail and dorsal fin. Fin rot will usually cause alot of damage to the tail and dorsal too

One fish had a split tail but that healed up quickly. Then hours later only the black ones has mess up dorsal fins. But now it is actually nipping because im seeing them fight a lot now. I have 9 tetras in the tank and its 29 gallons

Thanks for helping. Im hoping this tank divider will work. We shall see. They seem to have calm down for now

Back
Top Bottom