Final Decsion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pacu Man

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, i've come to the realization that maroon clown (as cool as it is) must leave the 20 gal :cry:

After which im going to try a pair of fake percs tank bred i saw at big als the other day. What say you to this?

sorry you had to come to that maybe you can find a new good home for it..just a thought

Could you possibly keep a maroon clown, with a perc pair in a big tank? Like 150 gallons?

Could you possibly keep a maroon clown, with a perc pair in a big tank? Like 150 gallons?

Possibly but maroons are known to be the most aggresive of all anenome fish. From my experience a bad temper runs in the family of these guys. To put them in a 150 with good rock work i wouldnt see a problem. Providing hiding places i think you would be able to. Maroons are very teritorial, and will probably claim half the tank himself. 8O JMI HTH

I wouldnt recommend keeping over 1 pair of clowns. If you have 3 clowns, 2 will pair up and harass the other.

umm... i have a 95g.. not much rock work.. three clowns that vary in sizes... i have 2 maroons that are beginning to pair... and a false perc. they used to fight but i think that was just to establish who is who.. they rarely do anything now..

Back
Top Bottom