Finally, getting everything in order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NateNBeckie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just ordered 75 lbs of live rock to split between my tanks, an RO/DI, and 2 more power heads. Hopefully this will get me on my way to getting these tanks straightened out.

Rock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7702036132&category=46308&rd=1

RO/DI:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7702119069&category=20756&rd=1

PH:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7701814131&category=3212&rd=1

I'll put the 2 new PHs in my 29's, and move my weaker PH to my 30 gallon hex, since there's not as much length to that tank. The Biowheel 150 provides a lot of movement as it is in that tank.

What do you guys think of the LR? I thought it was a great deal. Hope it doesn't turn out to be the usual "you get what you paid for." Couldn't beat the price.

And YAY for an RO/DI! I did a water test on straight tap water, filtered through my Pur and my nitrates are at 10, so that sort of explains my nitrate issues.

Nate

The guy has good feedback, which is a plus. Tell us how it looks. I've been interested in buying some rock from that guy for a while.

I sure will let you know. It looks like really cool rock. I'll snap shots of it too.

Yeah, that's why I figured it would be ok to buy from him based on his feedback.

Nate

Quick question.

Should I cure this rock after I get it? He's shipping it in plastic tubs and stuff, but I know there will be some die-off. It sounds like it will be in good shape when I get it though. Should I cure it for a few days anyway?

Nate

That's what I figured, thanks. Looks like I'm going to have to find a way to get a lot of salt for these water changes. :?

Nate

Have you received the RO/DI unit yet? I was thinking of ordering one from the same seller. I would like some feedback. Looks like a good unit for a good price.

The reviews I've seen are good. It seems a lot of people here have them. The seller has been great (we messed up during the Ebay process and ended up accidently ordering 2 of them while ordering a faucet airator adapter from them. They refunded our money back the next day, no questions asked).

The unit won't be here until Friday, which sucks because I wanted to cure the LR with it, but I'll have to make do.

Nate

Sounds like a good seller. Did they mention how much life you will get out of the filters before they need to be replaced?

FilterDirect gets lots of great feedback from buyers in this and other forums. I've never read a bad thing about their unit. I have one myself and am very happy with it.

IT talks about it in the auction. Keep in mind filter life is dependant on your tap water quality.

They kind of contradict themselves in the listing. Where they show the replacement DI media, it says "on average about 1600 gallons" whereas further in the listing it says "On average it is able to process 500 gallons of RO water."

They don't put a gallon number on the filters. They say to replace the first 3 stages every 12 months, and replace the membrane every 2-3 years. I guess this would depend on how much you use it.

Nate

So I think this guy with the LR screwed us. He said he shipped them last Monday and sent us the tracking number. All week, the UPS tracking said "billing info recieved, but package not picked up." We questioned him a few times about it and he stated UPS did pick it up.

I talked to a buddy that works for UPS and he said he's 100% sure the package would have gotten scanned on pick up, as it's required for the drivers to do so.

I sent a message to the other buyers on this auction and they stated that either they had gotten the rock with A LOT of die-off, or they haden't recieved it yet. And it didn't come in plastic containers with freezer packs as said in the auction.

Nice guy. :roll: If he doesn't reply back to us by tomorrow, we're reporting him to Ebay.

Nate

Update:

We reported them to Paypal last night, and lo and behold we got a response today saying they will reship them today. :roll: They said they didn't respond to our messages because they were with their kids. Hope they get here by Friday, because if they don't, there's going to be a ton of die off and when I do get them, they're going back.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom