finally got MT snails!!!! i think lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
i finally found them at a store near me. they were unlabelled in a planted tank and i saw some on the filter and some half burried in the sand. i paind 25cents each which isnt to bad. i just wanted to put a pic to mnake sure i got the right thing. i threw 4 in my 10 gal and 4 in my 55 gal. here they are.
img_639728_0_1ab7ef1de7290cd9122011dfe405fc3e.jpg

img_639728_1_f62ae61543a156ad764dff52613985e5.jpg

tbonem91 said:
dozerdemfersure!

lol took me a sec to realize what that was but i got it lol. i am hoping to get alot more out of them. one they multiply a little i will be offering to ship them out to the other unlucky canadian members who probably want them but have a hard time finding them. i am glad i got the right ones lol. the guy had no idea what they were at the store and was like "why in the world would u want snails in your tank" i didnt even feel like explaining it to him. lol the people thye hire these days.

lol well i cant wait till they start breeding. how long should this take before i start actually noticing more?

i really like the way yours look ROK. i have seen at least 1 everyday in my 10 gallon but havent seen the ones in the 55 since they were put there lol. i hope i gets lots of babies from them and from my pregnant peacock :) all is going good this month.

I usually only see these snails when doing gravel vac's (they don't get sucked up all the way but do float up and down in the tube when vac'ing) and at night, when they come out.
If you have sand, turning it over with your hand you will be able to find them. The babies just look like miniature versions of the adults.

if you turn off ur aquarium lights and dim the room lights and watch a tv show, by the time its over you will see all the babies on the plants, wall, filter and heaters. I like mine very much so.

i have seen one in my 55 gallon everyday. they seem to be coming out of the substarate in the light. only one though. he will dissapear then reappear later. but i always see one. maybe i just got stupid ones lol cant wait to have more stupid little ones. they better be careful or my cichlids will try to eat them lol

I guess I have some of these in my tank.. maybe they came on the plants I purchassed some time ago... I will check on that..
yours will reproduce in less than a month... I guess

lol a month. i already found a baby one in my 10 gallon tank. that was pretty damn quick. i wish i could have gotten these guys on plants. the only snail i have ever gotten on a plant is stupid ramshorns!!! i hate them.

Back
Top Bottom