Finally got my 75 gal tank!!'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all I finally got my 75 gal up and running. I added a second bio bag to my 10 gal filter 2 weeks ago to transfer bacteria. I took the old bio bag and put it in My filter and dosed my tank with ammonia. Here's a couple pix Of my tank... Pretty empty as I'm waiting for my driftwood to soak and leach tannins. Going to get some plants this weekend !! And I have to flatten the sand. My water temp is at 79 is this ok for trying to cycle? Also I noticed alot of floating sand on the top of the water, how do I get rid of that?
Thanks for the help
Dan

Attachments

• image-1414051925.jpg
    image-1414051925.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image-4251293929.jpg
    image-4251293929.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 54
The sand will sink over time but you can net it or hit it to get it to sink

NICE. Looking forward to seeing the final look and the fish!

Thanks... I have a net I'll try to poke and net the sand out... And yea mee too lol. I going to
Wait another week or soo and see how the driftwood does, I can't wait to get some plants
To Grow out of the wood. I have tried and tried on My 36 gal but my pleco always grabs them
And rips them out lol. If I remember correct, There is a moss that it good for driftwood? I was ganna to Plants and some Moss and real rocks with some Moss.

I like Christmas moss. Looks really pretty once it forms a blanket.

Check out aquabid. You can probably get some there. Avoid the suppliers from overseas.

Back
Top Bottom