Finally got my first arowana!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArowanaAddict

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So ive been wanting to purchase a fish that has been on my mind ever since i got into the hobby, that fish is the arowana. Had so many dreams about this elegant beauty but with blue fins. Well i decided today that my research was finally complete and i went out and purchased my first arowana! i bought a platinum jardini (but i have my doubts that it isnt lol). I just finished putting it in my 90 gallon tank(grow out until it reaches 12 inchs) and im going to put it in my 220 once it reaches that size, it is around 5 inches right now with beautiful violet/yellow/orange fins with yellow polka dots. ill post some pics up soon once it settles in

cheers!:fish2:

So ive been wanting to purchase a fish that has been on my mind ever since i got into the hobby, that fish is the arowana. Had so many dreams about this elegant beauty but with blue fins. Well i decided today that my research was finally complete and i went out and purchased my first arowana! i bought a platinum jardini (but i have my doubts that it isnt lol). I just finished putting it in my 90 gallon tank(grow out until it reaches 12 inchs) and im going to put it in my 220 once it reaches that size, it is around 5 inches right now with beautiful violet/yellow/orange fins with yellow polka dots. ill post some pics up soon once it settles in

cheers!:fish2:

Great stuff.... fascinating fish. Got some plain old silvers in at my work yesterday and they are feeding well today. Only 3 inches, they are the least nervous and keenest to feed that we have stocked so far...... very settled indeed.

Back
Top Bottom