Finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
After a month or two of cycling, I finally moved my gsp's into their new home! Man those guys were hard to catch... But they are settling in in bags for now and we'll see what they think in 15 minutes or so!

I will once they settle in! So happy, I've been working on the tank since October! Only been cycling since mid December though. And now to start reconverting their old tank to freshwater...

They've settled in nicely and decimated most of the ghost shrimp I had in there waiting to be a tasty move in treat for them. I've spotted maybe two out of the 8 or so that were in there.

Look at those rock stars!

Add more decor if they start surfing the glass.

Terrance said:
Look at those rock stars!

Add more decor if they start surfing the glass.

I plan on adding more rock as I can find it. I want to build a little cave or two and some more arches. So far they seem to be enjoying themselves, and I'm sure the live shrimp treat was appreciated.

They've been moved in for a day now and the ten or so ghost shrimp have been reduced to one. Resourceful little guy, that one. I give him maybe two more days, haha. The longest a shrimp has ever made it in a tank with them was about three weeks though, so maybe he has a little hope...

That's awesome. I don't know about you, but some of my puffers have bad aim when striking live food. Fun watching them hunt.

Terrance said:
That's awesome. I don't know about you, but some of my puffers have bad aim when striking live food. Fun watching them hunt.

Mine are usually pretty sharp, but the shrimp can jet off a lot faster than they can! I did watch my smallest little guy dive into the sand bed for one and miss the other night though. He was just swimming normally and caught sight of one, darted down, kicked up a bunch of sand, missed, and then just resumed what he was doing like nothing happened. Kind of like how my cat gets embarrassed when she falls off of something and starts grooming herself like she meant to fall.

Back
Top Bottom