Finger Leather Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave-N-Jewel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I bought a finger leather coral yesterday and when i got home and put it in my tank it looked like it's pulling away from it's rock. See pic!! was wondering if i should do anything or will it fix it's self.

2012-07-22_11-22-27_170.jpg

I have a 30gal long reef tank with 35lbs of live rock and 30lbs of live sand. Two Clowns, Royal Gramma and Six line Wrasse. Two Polyp colonies, Mushroom coral, Toadstool, Cloves and Trumpet Coral. Using Fluval C3 hob filter, Coralife HO T-5 Dual Lamp Light Fixture and Tiger shark Powerhead for circulation.

:thanks:

Talk to you all soon and more pics soon!!

Hello,
It's doesn't look like its coming off the rock, it's just wilting. They do this from time to time, especially on acclimation. As long as your water params ate in order, it should come back. Leathers like quite a bit of flow, and med-high light. Make sure it's getting enough of both.
Best of luck with it! :)

Flreefer said:
Hello,
It's doesn't look like its coming off the rock, it's just wilting. They do this from time to time, especially on acclimation. As long as your water params ate in order, it should come back. Leathers like quite a bit of flow, and med-high light. Make sure it's getting enough of both.
Best of luck with it! :)

Agreed, it also looks like its fallen over, find a way to secure the rock so it's right side up.

Thanks guys i believe it is getting good water flow and lighting so hopefully he rights itself lol and i have secured the rock it came on it's the base of the leather that's making it lean down like that

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom