finishing off two schools today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Two more congo tetras and three more danios! YEAH! The owner also threw in a few MTS for free. I am going to bite the bullet and put two in my 55 gal with the sand substrate. So I am fully prepared for an eventual invasion. I'll post pictures in a few min!:dance::fish1:

My son and kitty helping with mommy's first drip acclimation. Fantastically easy ad I'm not sure my I was so afraid to do it before!

Attachments

• image-2965976560.jpg
    image-2965976560.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 57
Yes they seem only mildly skiddish. Much less than the last two to go in. There was one scary moment when the cat snuck up on us and jumped into the box and then looked at me like she didn't know what to do next! hahahahahaha. I will go this route from now on. And I am trying to get my iPod to load a picture of the new congos, but it's giving me problems. So maybe I'll get it up later.

Should the drip method be used for tropicals too then? as I know I have to do it on my marine-but never knew it was done on tropicals too

Good job on drip acclimating! :)

As for drip acclimating, you don't have to. You can do it for sensitive fish like chocolate gouramis, discus, otos, etc. but for platies or serpae tetras, for example, I don't see it necessary. All depends on what you want to do.

Drip acclimation is just simply putting the fish in a container (bucket, food grade plastic container, etc) make sure there is plenty of room for extra water. Take some air line tubing and an air regulating valve or you can just tie a knot in the tube. Fill the tube with water from the tank leave one end in the tank and place the other end in the fish container. Adjust the flow of water coming out to about one drip per second and leave for a while. Just keep an eye on it and after about an hour it should be good. Then just transferred the fish to the tank.

I never did it before but my pH is different pretty different from the store and congos are a little picky when it comes to pH changes. They seem happy today.

Sorry the pictures are so bad. But here they all are.

Attachments

• image-2539128389.jpg
    image-2539128389.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 47
  • image-3796230420.jpg
    image-3796230420.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 47
  • image-2764163991.jpg
    image-2764163991.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 42
  • image-2105129664.jpg
    image-2105129664.jpg