Finnex Planted+ 24/7 vs Current Satellite+ Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abw0004

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,

I am in the process of completely rebuilding my tank (thread coming soon). I am upgrading everything except the tank. The last step is upgrading the lights and I have narrowed it down to the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 and the Current Satellite+ Pro. Ignoring the price, which one is better overall? Also, how do they stack up with how well they are waterproof. Thank you!

The pro is twice as powerful so....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just got off the phone with a local LFS, and was told the Planted+ 24/7 vs the Satellite+ Pro, the Planted is a little brighter. Do you mind showing me the tables where you got this information? Not doubting you, just want to be fully confident in my decision.

They're respective websites should provide all that info. I know for a fact the pro produces significantly more par. Brightness isn't always the best indicator. My bml is like a nuclear submarine compared to jetski (finnex 247). The bml is not as bright.

So you would recommend the Current Satellite+ Pro then? Any word on the waterproofing on either? They won't do much good is the circuit shorts

I would as a superior led. It all depends on your setup really?? What's the everything and anything?

What all would you like to know? It is a 20 gallon long. The dimensions I believe are 30" long, 12" deep, and 14" wide. The new filter is a Fluval 206 and the temperature of the water is 80-82 degrees. This is a planted aquarium as well.

The pro is overkill for that unless you want to go crazy high tech. A 247 will grow anything you want with proper substrate, ferts, flow and co2

It's actually a 25 if that matters. I have Flourite gravel and sand in it along with driftwood. Didn't go with the aquasoil due to the longevity of it, or lack there of. It is well thought out, if I dare to say so myself. I am wanting to carpet out dwarf hairgrass, which is why I am shooting for the high par

Well maybe not that much. There is probably a root tab every 3 inches where there are plants. I would say 20 total tabs. I have a fair amount of plants in my aquarium. I also have floating plants that muffle the light as well

Why don't you need co2?

It's not that I don't need it. I just haven't gotten to it yet. I have already spent around $300 rebuilding the tank. I have everything else this tank needs however. It will have good lighting, good substrate, fertilizer, and friendly fish, with no gravel vacuums.

I will create a thread dedicated to this rebuild with plenty of pictures. I want to share my experience of what I did, what I did right, and my mistakes. It will probably be posted next week once I can get through this mini-cycle and the new lighting

Get the co2 before the light. You'll thank me later

What CO2 set-ups (type/brand) do you recommend? And how do you not kill the fish? I don't want to add an airstone

Back
Top Bottom