Fins bitten off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you asked this yesterday about your new elephant nose..... yes they will most likely grow back with proper nutrition and more than adequate water changes

Like aquandrew has said they should grow back plenty of clean water. My elephant has had split fins and worse which all repaired fine. What do you have in the tank with him? And is it all off his fins? Could you post a picture.

Like aquandrew has said they should grow back plenty of clean water. My elephant has had split fins and worse which all repaired fine. What do you have in the tank with him? And is it all off his fins? Could you post a picture.
I have barbs danios dojo loaches shark pleco and a blue lobster, which I think is the one who took part of my elephants fin off. I'm at school I'll post a picture when I get home.

This is my elephant. Will his fin heal?

Plenty of clean water for him should help, i don't know if it will look the same when it heals as my elephant hurt the same part and it didn't grow back fully. Can you move your lobster to a different tank?

Plenty of clean water for him should help, i don't know if it will look the same when it heals as my elephant hurt the same part and it didn't grow back fully. Can you move your lobster to a different tank?
I have a 20 gallon. Is prefer to keep him in my 55 unless the 20 would be temporary.

I have a 20 gallon. Is prefer to keep him in my 55 unless the 20 would be temporary.

I think the lobster will keep attacking the elephant with them both being bottom dwellers not a good combo. Maybe put the elephant in QT until his fins heal?

I think the lobster will keep attacking the elephant with them both being bottom dwellers not a good combo. Maybe put the elephant in QT until his fins heal?
Ok. Can my elephant go into my 20 for now?

Ok. Can my elephant go into my 20 for now?

You can put him in there too heal remember he'll need somewhere to hide. Keep a close eye on your parameters as these guy's are very sensitive. When he's healed I'd add him back but you'll need to decide on what to do with your lobster.

You can put him in there too heal remember he'll need somewhere to hide. Keep a close eye on your parameters as these guy's are very sensitive. When he's healed I'd add him back but you'll need to decide on what to do with your lobster.
Ok will do

Back
Top Bottom