Firebelly toads in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eaglemccloud

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 54 corner that I've got setup with a lot of platnts. There is cork bark by the filter outflow, and many of the plants touch or skim along the top of the water. I have a newt in the tank along with several fish. There is no cover currently as I have bamboo that sticks out about 8 to 12 inches above the tank.

Question: could I put a firebelly in there?

I don't think they should be able to climb out. Sides have a plastic covet and bamboo is to far from the walls to allow them to brace themselves. Please tell me if I can put them in or if I should just leave them in their current tank,

Went to My local pet store and asked them. Said not to put then in since they would climb out. So I'm just gonna move their tank out to the other room.

Fbt need a covered tank. Mess is best bc they need the air flow. I would make cuts of the bamboo and have thicker bamboo. And put a screen on it. Bc Fbt are awesome and worth the mods imo

Wait u have a tank for them already. Ok Sry. They are awesome though huh?

My dog found a good stick for a safety piece of wood for water area. Fbt sit on it a lot. But they flee when I approach...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120114_160621.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120114_160621.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 117
Toads are mating! Thought they needed cooking cycle to Do this. Guess captive bred changes rules of everything eventually. Well I know my.ten gallon doesn't offer space for babies... If the do have tadpoles ... I am unsure what to do w them.

Dude... Sry this isn't the Fbt thread I started...not cool... Sry.

Back
Top Bottom