firemouth with "zit" between the eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooth_cannibal

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i just got my firemouths over ich and now the one that never got ich now has some kind of growth between his eyes.

earlier today i noticed that he had a very pale whitish spot between his eyes earlier and i thought maybe he was getting ich.

now i just looked at him again and now its protruding out and looks like a white head. there are no other spots on him at all.

is this the beginnings of hole in the head or is this something different.

well its definitely hith. one small hole between the eyes on the one male. i don't see any discharge so i'm going to try vitamins. if it gets any worse i'll try some paraguard or something. anyone used it for hith with success before?

well its definitely hith. one small hole between the eyes on the one male. i don't see any discharge so i'm going to try vitamins. if it gets any worse i'll try some paraguard or something. anyone used it for hith with success before?

How did it go? My oscar is showing signs of hith and I just found this thread

juicebox - sorry i didn't notice you had replied to this. its been a number of days but just in case. i used paraguard by seachem. it actually got rid of it within about 3 days. sadly though all the firemouths ended up with columnaris after the hith fiasco and they all ended up dying so i have an empty tank running right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom