First fish - problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks 4 that. I really don't know what 2 do bout the sick ones. Perhaps removing them would benefit the others as there will b less strain on the filter but i dont want 2 take any out uf they might get better.

You're in a difficult situation, indeed. If you really want to keep them all, medicating first may be the way to go. My concern is that cycling is hard on fish even under the best conditions. With fish that are unhealthy, you may lose them anyway as the tank goes through the cycling process to be honest. But I also hear the theory that all the fish have been exposed to whatever those platies have. You may just have to medicate first, then, and hope for the best in cycling.

Thanks to everyone for the useful replies. If I was to take the two sick fish out, do you think I should do a second course of medication for the others as they have been exposed to it too given they have had the first course of meds and are showing no signs of fungus or fin rot?

I don't want to give the wrong info here but if you take the ill fish out and no one else seems to be ill, and you did treat the tank with meds already, I think I would just carry on with cycling the tank, keeping an eye on how the other fish are doing now, and medicating again if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom