Fish acting abnormal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimgate

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have no idea what's wrong with my fish. It's almost as if he is blind he swims around randomly and keeps getting stuck under decorations. If he isn't stuck or swimming around haphazardly then he just sits at the bottom of the tank doing nothing. This is the second day he is like this. Anyone know what may be wrong?

What type of fish? What size tank? What are your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite,nitrate, ph)? Is the tank cycled? Is he new? Who are his tank mates? Are any of them new? Some more information will help us to help you better!

20 gallon tank he is a comet, has two oranda's as tank mates. Tank is cycled. Ammonia 0ppm Nitrite 0ppm Nitrate 10 ppm PH 7.4. I have had him for almost two years now. The other two I have had for a year and a half.

I am sorry to say this, but your tank is heavily overstocked. Fancies need a minimum of 20gal for the first fish, 10gal for each fish after. Comets do not belong in an aquarium unless its very large (min 50gal for a single fish)- they are pond fish. I suspect he is suffering from the effects of stunting.

Back
Top Bottom