Fish dying and don't know why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark Hewitt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Tank has been established over 6 months with no problems. In the past 3 days we've had three fish die, a harlequin and our two ballon mollies.

There's nothing visibly wrong with the fish, they've had Ich before but it's not that.

One of the Gold Barbs was observed flashing against some ornaments.

Paramaters are good 0 / 0 / 10

My first reaction is there is some sort of parasite, hence the flashing and to treat with salt. But the last fish was added over 2 months ago, so no idea where it would have come from.

hmm Nothing new to the tank as in deco either? and what about the last PWC could even be the local water company.

You may want to even check with your local water company see if anything failed changed happened on or just prior to the PWC prior to the fish dying. I have seen other threads where this type of thing was finally explained by the local water supplier haveing an unusual mishap or a change on thier end. Either way I am sorry to hear and hope that the problem corrects itself. Did you test your PH and has your temp stayed consistent?

Back
Top Bottom