Fish dying right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinstripe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Friday morning I put a small (2.5 inches) yellow lab ciclid in a one gallon hospital tank to treat for bloat. Friday evening (approx. 24 hours ago) I gave one dose of Clout. Fish did not react or seem stressed at all, and was fine two hours ago.

I just found him spinning nose down in the filter current. I cut the filter and fish tried to right himself, but was unable to get upright (stayed upside down or on side).

I put him in a container full of water from my main tank, in case this is a water quality or Clout problem. Right now he is on his side, breathing slowly but heavily. He is bent to his right in a C shape. He is not floating or bloated. He is pretty skinny from refusing food, but I wouldn't have thought him starving.

a. What can I do right now to save him?
b. What is this? Is this the end stage of bloat, despite the lack of actual bloating? Hunger? Reaction to the Clout? I had success treating his tankmate with the same tank and treatment, and this fish was in the same condition from the same bout of bloat.

Back
Top Bottom