Fish dying!!!! Tank Won't cycle!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Denbros

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It has been a month and my tank won't cycle. I never received any cloudy water or any bacteria bloom. I have 4 double tail goldfish in a 36 gallon aquarium. One is not doing very well. I use water conditioner for water changes. I'll show you my test results

Ammonia = 0.0ppm

Nitrite = 0.0 ppm

PH = 6.6-6.8 ppm

TANK SIZE= 36 gallons

FISH = 4 fancy tail goldfish

Water conditioner "Fluval"

I don't know what is wrong with my aquarium. I need some serious advice.

:thanks:

A bacterial bloom or cloudiness is not necessarily a part of the cycling process.
What is the nitrate level? What test kits are you using?

Did you use any sort of cycle boosting/beginning product such as a Quick Start? How long have you had the fish?

I agree with checking for Nitrates. If your readings are 0, yes that means its not cycled but I also don't think that would be cause for your fish getting sick :T

How often are you doing your water changes? How much water do you change each time?

Cycling is a pain in the butt for sure and I think everyone experiences it a tiny bit differently.

In a previous post, you mentioned having the tank running empty without going through any of the cycle process.
You must have just added the fish?
As soon as you added the fish is when your cycling will start.
You will see ammonia and nitrites start to rise, Just do plenty of small water changes so the levels won't go up too high and give it a month or so, it will cycle.

You need to test for Nitrates in addition to ammonia and nitrites. How long have the fish been in there? How often are you doing a water change--and how much?

Back
Top Bottom